Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Is there a set procedure to replace this carburator? Two…

Customer Question
Is there a set...

Is there a set procedure to replace this carburator?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Two days

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, i removed the gas, removed the spark plug and spayed starter fluid in and it would fire but wont keep running more than a few seconds

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I also removed the bowl on the carburetor and moved the float up and down to see if i could loosen it up

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/19/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 7 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

Not sure what you are working on,

but you are on the correct track, do you want to rebuild the carb or replace

Let me know

I would prefer to repair it. The gas was left in the over the summer
I am working on a Storm 2410 Troy-Bilt snow thrower that will not run
All i need is information on how to remove the carburator is that available?

Hi

busy night, so the response is slow, Sorry

do you know where the carb is, can you see it

are you able to do this if I walk you thru this ??

Hi

Are you still Here ??