Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My husqvarna 50 chain saw is drastically hard to start but…

Customer Question
My husqvarna 50 chain...

My husqvarna 50 chain saw is drastically hard to start but works very well once started.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Fuel is there..

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

And , once started the saw will start readily until left for an extended time.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/19/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

New spark plug? Is the choke fully closing for the first start? Compression above 140 psi?

no shut off and fuel is clean.