Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

Lawn tractor 13A326JC700 MTD runs for awhile then just quits…

Customer Question
Lawn tractor 13A326JC700...

Lawn tractor 13A326JC700 MTD runs for awhile then just quits if I start it and keep putting starter fulid in carb it will keep running

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

There is no shut off and has new fuel in it. If I let it sit over night it will start in the Am run for about 20min then quit and I put gas in carb while I start it and it will run, sounds like its not getting fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I see there is no solenoid that I can find neither.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/18/2017
Technician: Engine Tech, Engine Technician replied 2 months ago
Engine Tech
Engine Tech, Engine Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

You will need to take apart the carburetor and clean it out. A jet is partially clogged or the needle is hanging up in the float bowl. Can you do that?

yep
I can not afford $18.00 a month so please cancel this as of today at this time. Thank you. I did not know this was going to cost so much. I am a veteran and not getting a great amount monthly. So please cancel this as soon as possible
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician