Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I've put new gas in, the sparks are clean, and yet my 24"

Customer Question
I've put new gas...

I've put new gas in, the sparks are clean, and yet my 24" Club Cadet snowblower is not working. Any thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Haven't been able to start it this season. First real snowfall was about a week ago. The machine is only a year old.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Where is the shut off valve?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Have an engineer neighbour helping me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it. Machine worked fine last year. Sat over the summer. Couldn't start it this season. Put in new gas.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Technician: Engine Tech, Engine Technician replied 7 months ago
Engine Tech
Engine Tech, Engine Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If it does not fire at all, spray some starting fluid in the air cleaner does it fire up briefly?

Starting fluid? Where is the air cleaner on the machine?

It is kinda hidden under the cover, the backside of the carburetor connects to it. If you just spray some in there give it a pull and see what happens.