Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have 2005 ezgo txt pds that will go in reverse but will…

Customer Question
I have 2005 ezgo...

I have 2005 ezgo txt pds that will go in reverse but will not go in forward. fully charged

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Intermittent for about 2 months

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes because I do not know who works on them around me

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It started about 2 months ago and I could run in reverse and switch to forward quikly and it would start running in forward

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

It is electric

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 2 days by:
12/18/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

What f/r switch do you have? On dash, or large switch behind the knee? Have you swapped the f/r wires on the switch?

it is on dash. it has 3 wires
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago

One wire is power to the switch, the others are the f/r wires, swap the f/r and see if problem swaps, or stays same. If it swaps, replace the switch.