Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 2012 honda foreman500 that will not start, the bike…

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 honda foreman500 that will not start, the bike ran fine less than a week ago. Now it will not crank, fuel pump is pumping i pulled the spark plug and grounded it out and it produces little to no spark,

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes the bike is fuel injected and i keep it full and add fresh fuel with stabilizer routinely

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, i plan to change the spark plg and start with that and then the iginition coil next

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is this issue typical of the fuel injected honda 500 models 2012 and later?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 2 days by:
12/17/2017
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 5 months ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

In response to your question, I will tell you no this not typical of the machine. Rarely do you see any issues with this bike.

I can tell you at the same time however that Honda engines are somewhat temperamental when it comes to the spark plug. I have seen some of these that you remove the plug and look at it and you can see absolutely nothing that appears to be wrong with the plug however the unit will not start, if you just replace the plug the majority of the time you will solve the starting problem. This does not seem to be a huge issue however it is across all of Honda engines that are made.

Thank you for choosing to use our services.

Please take a moment to rate your experience using the star rating system that is provided for you.

JohnF2015
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician