Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My cub cadet trac drive snow thrower keeps losing one of the…

Customer Question
My cub cadet trac...

My cub cadet trac drive snow thrower keeps losing one of the tracs in deeper snow no matter how tight I make it. It just keeps slipping off. Works fine in my driveway but it fails in my yard.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 years and it happened again today with our first snowfall of 9 inches.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, it runs very well other then that.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/14/2017
Technician: Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician replied 7 months ago
Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. There should be a adjustment for tension to tighten the track up , have you tried that yet ?
multiple times. I have made it as tight as possible and various adjustments in between. Only the left side comes off and only when in deep snow on uneven surfaces. I have no problem when on my paved driveway.