Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

TOOK OFF MOWER DECK, NOW IT WILL NOT START. IT WILL NOT TURN…

Customer Question
TOOK OFF MOWER DECK...

TOOK OFF MOWER DECK , NOW IT WILL NOT START

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

IT WILL NOT TURN OVER

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I believe a safety switch or something needs something done

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/13/2017
Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 8 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Since there are many different locations of safety switches, both air and electrical type, it is best to reference the images from others before you and in a short amount of time you will locate them on your mower. Just type in "mower deck safety switch location" in your search bar and surf the endless pages and descriptive photos, showing the type of switches and there various locations. Please note that these switches are in place for a very good reasons and should not be altered for safety concerns. While this answer may not be provide a direct answer or specific location on you're model mower, it is only because many of the owners manuals offer poor guidance no matter if it is a mower, tractor, cart, vehicle, or some other type of riding machinery.

All switches have either an air line or wires. Find and follow them to locate the switches.