Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a HSS622CT1 snowblower, it will operate fine in

Customer Question
I have a HSS622CT1...

I have a HSS622CT1 snowblower, it will operate fine in reverse, but will not move forward in either gear? Can you explain what this problem is and how to fix it? thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It worked when I put the snowblower up for the spring. Today is the first snow of the season and it turns on but will not engage the forward gears.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if I can.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing else.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/13/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

What is make of the blower? Does not come up in a quick search, is this a gas unit, if it is. check the drive belt for traction , per the owners manual.

Did you see my initial response?