Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Generator won't make 120 or 220 volts. Generac 20 years it…

Customer Question
Generator won't make 120...

Generator won't make 120 or 220 volts

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Generac 20 years it is a 6500

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

There is no one where I live that works on them

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 7 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model and serial numbers of the genset?

all ready stated t s a 6500 don't know the seral number

6500 is not a model number. It is a wattage rating.

The model s Gp66500e
That s GP6500E

Nope. That is a family class.

On the data tag, the model number is ***** the Item Number. I need it and the serial number.

Send me a refund instead thanks
Didn't hear from you. Did you send the refund?
Your advertisement states a refund no questions asked. I would like a refund.

I have put you in for a refund.

But in the future, we have to know what you are working on. You can't call an auto mechanic and tell him your Chevy won't start - he has to know what model Chevy. Generators are no different.