Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I got a tree limb caught in auger. Auger will not turn.

Customer Question
I got a tree...

I got a tree limb caught in auger. Auger will not turn. Shear pins appear to be intact

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Snowed Sunday when this occurred

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/11/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 7 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

HI I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

best thing to do is remove the spark plug

and use a pry bar on the auger and turn it backward to free it up

with the plug out no tension on the engine

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.