Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a bosch rs20 sabre saw that keeps losing power with…

Customer Question
I have a bosch...

I have a bosch rs20 sabre saw that keeps losing power with the trigger held constantly on. It is 10 years old and has been repaired once to fix the problem 2 years ago. Problem is back

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Read the message please

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yep

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/11/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Does the motor slow or does the saw quit? If you pull the trigger again, will it respond? Do you get any burning smell from the brush end of the motor? The smell would indicate the brushes and armature are arching, and the motor is bad.

The saw goes slower then faster then slower all with no power - cut something and it slows down a lot. There is no smell. The trigger did get fixed before. Most times when I pull the trigger, the saw will start.

Other times the saw does not start? Either switch is defective again! Or the brushes on the armature need to be replaced.