Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a riding mower (model YTH24V48) and the brake pedal…

Customer Question
I have a riding...

I have a riding mower (model YTH24V48) and the brake pedal and throttle pedal have locked up. I can't see any obstructions in any of the linkages Can you advise?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Husqvarna, model YTH24V48 Approximately three years old

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I'm able but not very mechanically inclined.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/11/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Do you have the long model number, or know which transmission you have? Is it the CV transmission or the older hydrostat? Have you followed the f/r link, back to the transmission lever and removed it, to see if it is the stuck linkage, or the transmission lever locked?

Long model number: ###-##-#### Serial number: 031215A001905. Not sure about the transmission, but I don't have to ever shift; just control forward/reverse with foot pedals. There is no transmission lever.

This is the hydrostatic transmission and the linkage from the foot control goes directly to it. Look at the parts link below, and follow the link back to the transmission, Then unhook the linkage and see if the transmission lever will move.