Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My Tecumseh (electric start) won't kick over. Worked fine…

Customer Question
My Tecumseh (electric start)...

My Tecumseh (electric start) won't kick over. Worked fine last winter. Has gas, followed starting instructions. I pulled the spark plug and pushed electric start and can't see spark on plug.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes on fuel, shut off valve open. Don't know about clean fuel. I didn't empty tank last Spring. Shouldn't I be able to see a spark?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'd like to.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/11/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 7 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

yes, you should see spark, but it may not have

a good ground was it laid on the engine

try a teaspoonful of gas in the plug hole

install plug again, and start it should run 2-3 seconds

Let me know

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hi

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??

Hi

I took the time to answer your question

please take the time to respond to me

Have a Merry Christmas