Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My snowblower won't start. Its new gas. when i replaced the…

Customer Question
My snowblower won't start ...

My snowblower won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Its new gas. when i replaced the oil and spark plug a few weeks ago it started then but won't now

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its not too complicated

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its only a year old and worked fine last winter

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/10/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 7 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

remove the spark plug, pour a teaspoon of gas in the hole

replace the spark plug, and start if it only runs 2-3 seconds

and quits the carb has a plugged jet

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Didn't work

Hi

Thank you for the response

if it did not fire up at all

remove the spark plug put the wire back on lay plug across the

engine to ground plug, crank it over to make sure you have spark

Did that and there is a spark

Thank you for that

OK if you have spark

and you poured gas in the plug hole

and it did not run for 2-3 seconds

we need to check the valves

what engine do you have make and model

Never mind. I've called a service tech. Thanks anyway.

OK

You sure you don't want to continue??

No. Thanks anyway.

OK

Good luck to you,