Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Troy built E390 snow blower that wont start, I

Customer Question
I have a Troy...

I have a Troy built E390 snow blower that wont start, I gassed it up primed it , indicator is on start and choke is on. I cant start it with the pull start or the electronics start

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

I didi leave fuel from last winter, I attempted to burn it all out but machine stopped then I re fueled

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what needs to be done, its supoosed to snow here today in Boston

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes, what is the fix ?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/9/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 4 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Pour a small amount of fuel into the intake and see if it will start breifly. Most common issue is clogged fuel jets. You can also spray carb cleaner or starting fluid into intake / carb if that is easier for you. If it starts breifly, the carb jets need cleaning. If not, check the plug to make sure you have spark.
Let me know and we can continue if needed

I see question is still opened and unrated. Please let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

where do I find the intake to pour the fuel into? On my model snowblower

you will need to remove the air filter. the intake is the carb. you can also remove the spark plug and pour a teaspoon full of fuel into the cylinder and then reinstall the plug and try to start.

OK John I will try that what if the fuel Jets are clogged is there an option for me to clean that please tell me how in the event that that is the case

you can use carb cleaner or you can remove all plastic and rubber parts and boil in a pot of water

JON
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician