Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My echo 25 vac/blower is 2 months old. Ran well than shut…

Customer Question
My echo 25 vac/blower...

My echo 25 vac/blower is 2 months old. Ran well than shut down and can't get it running again. changed plugs but no help????

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 3 weeks

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/8/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

If you remove the spark plug and ground it to the metal of the engine, and spin engine, do you have spark at the plug? If you have no spark, check the kill switch for grounding out the spark.

I do have spark however, it seems inconsistent. ???

Locate the wire from the coil to the kill switch, and remove it , then check for spark again.

No spark than

Wire can't be grounded, or it kills the spark.??

I see the question is still open. If no spark with the kill wire removed, the coil is bad and needs to be replaced.