Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Poulan Pro 25 Chain saw: Chain is broken. I would like to…

Customer Question
Poulan Pro 25 Chain...

Poulan Pro 25 Chain saw: Chain is broken. I would like to buy 2 chains. The broken chain is 24 inches long when broken into.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

3 weeks trying to buy a chain for the Poulan PR 25. I would like to buy two replacement chains.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope to if I can buy a couple chains.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When the chain broke into I measured the broken chain and it is 24 inches long.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/8/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Chain has to match the bar. And the bar is shown as a 16 inch bar. What is the length of the bar, from the tip. to the other end. Bar can be 12 , 14, 16, 0r 18 inch. Looks like the standard is a 16 inch bar.

I am not sure about the bar. When the chain broke I measured the length of the chain and it is 24" so I am guessing about 8" for the bar. It is the chain that I need. I though I should get a second chain in case another chain might break. If you can send me two chains send them to ... P.O. Box 605, Scott City, KS 67871.
Thank you.
Keen Brantley

The bar would be at least a12-inch bar. You want the correct one, so the bar needs to be measured, then the correct chain can be ordered. Or you could get a matching bar and chain.

I see the question is still open, did you see my last response?