Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a briggs and stratton 825 engine. No fuel getting to…

Customer Question
I have a briggs...

I have a briggs and stratton 825 engine. No fuel getting to engine. fuel line OK, can easily blow air through fuel filter. Suspect problem with inlet needle in carburetor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

9 years old has not been run in years

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Engine will not start. Took out spark plug, no gas in cylinder

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/8/2017
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 7 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

You stated that your engine has not ran in years. Was there any gas left inside your fuel tank during this time?

Any ideas in response to my question
Let's chat, do not want a call right now

No problem. The phone call is only optional. It is very likely that you will need to remove your carburetor and give it a really good cleaning.

can you recommend what part of the carburetor to focus on ?the inlet valve

After several years of not being in use, you will likely need to focus on your entire carburetor. If gas is not stabilized, it will start to turn stale within 45 days, from the date of purchase. Stale gas will turn to gum and varnish, and eventually clog the small jets and fuel passages inside the body of your carburetor.

You can also remove your fuel bowl, and check to see if your float is sticking and restricting your fuel flow.

better to replace carburetor?

Yes, it will be best to replace your carburetor with a new one.

You can purchase carburetors online at very reasonable prices.

where can i find part number for carburetor? I cannot find the model number for the engine - itis a model 825 Briggs and Stratton

Please click on the link above. You will see a video that will help you locate your model and type numbers.

With your model and type numbers, I can pull up the exact part numbers for the carburetor you will need.

Give me 3 minutes, I will ook for briggs and stratton model number now

Take your time.

there are two sets of numbers as follow:
070225 88(###) ###-####B8

Thanks for these numbers.

The lower set of numbers are the ones you use to look up parts.

Your part numbers are 798653 ...

excellent - thanks. Wish me luck

You are very welcome! Drain your fuel tank before installing your new carburetor.

I believe all will go well for you.

Thank you again for choosing Just Answer. If you need additional assistance, please feel free to let me know, and I will be happy to continue working with you, until our problem is resolved. There is a link in your email that you can click on, if or when you need to return to our discussion page.

My goal is to always offer total satisfaction. If you feel that my services have been helpful to you, please take a moment to rate my services.