Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I just started by troy bilt snow bower for first time this…

Customer Question
I just started by...

I just started by troy bilt snow bower for first time this year and gasoline is leaking from primer button and two holes on the opposite side of block were the primer button. what do I need to do to correct this problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes I put fuel in the tank this morning , the tank was completely dry when I put this fuel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on how involved the work is

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am somewhat mechanical, but not very knowlegable on small engines

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/7/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

The model number of the engine? Carburetor likely has stuck needle valve and float. Are the primer hoses good, not deteriorated?

I see the question is still open, did you see my response?