Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The belt that runs the chute blade came off. As I looked…

Customer Question
The belt that runs...

The belt that runs the chute blade came off. As I looked into the area where the belt tensioner pulley is out of alignment. There is a bracket that bolts to the front of the pulley that appears to be bent, resulting in the two pulleys not lining up. is there a part (bracket) that needs to be replaced or is it more serious. I suppose a large chunk of Ice could have caused the problem. What do you think?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Poulon Pro 204-or8cc 24 inch it is a 2013 0r 14

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. I have torn down enough so that I could look into the two belt systems. The auger belt is fine so I can only think that the ice bent something that caused the thrower blade pulley to be about a half inch out of alignment with the bottom pulley

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing I can think of right now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/6/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 7 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

can you recheck that model number

I am not seeing 204, I see 241