Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a craftman 1/2 hp and the remotes don't work. I reset…

Customer Question
I have a craftman...

I have a craftman 1/2 hp and the remotes don't work. I reset the switch and got a new remote but nothing is happening. The hard wire opener works properly

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since friday

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I tied but i gave up. tried

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I also disconnected and reconnected and nothing changes... I tried 3 different remotes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/4/2017
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 7 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi..........I don't know if you tried it this way to the letter but if you will indulge me ...........after this we will get more creative if need be........please follow these instructions explicitly and in its sequence

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS:

hold down the LEARN button on the opener for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET:

unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....there is no battery in the wall transmitter…..plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 16 inches of the opener when you do

This is starting off with something simple and hopefully it will resolve the issue......

Always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited…..Please let me know how it goes

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie