Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Engine will only run in short bursts, have cleaned carb.

Customer Question
Engine will only run...

Engine will only run in short bursts, have cleaned carb

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

Engine is 40 years old and has not done this in the past, I cleaned carb as it needed to run half chocked

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Will run a little when gas is poured in plug

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/4/2017
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 7 months ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you provide the model and type number from the engine so that I can better assist you?

If this a float style carburetor or diaphragm style?

Tecumseh model H60-75343J, its on a snow blower .and is a float crab.

Did you clean the holes/jets in the bolt/nut that holds the carburetor bowl onto the bottom of the carburetor?

If you remove the screw from the center of the bolt/nut you can make certain that everything is clear through there. Also on the side of the bolt/nut near the bottom of the threads you will find a jet as well as in the flat spot between the top and bottom threads on the bolt/nut.

If you make certain all of those are thoroughly clean you should be able to solve the running issue.

Thank you for choosing to use our services.

Please take a moment to rate your experience using the star rating system that is provided for you.