Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Mc Culloch Electramac EM 300S. The oil tank has a…

Customer Question
HI, I have a...

HI, I have a Mc Culloch Electramac EM 300S. The oil tank has a leak, is that part available? This on is astonishing. That tank in no way is attached to anything. How is it supposed to oil the chain? Thank You

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I just bought the saw about a month ago,

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, it's in pieces

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am mystified by how the oil is supposed to get to the chain.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/4/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 7 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

Give me a bit to look it up

HI Edgar

I am sorry to say it discontinued , I have checked

4 places, you can use fiberglass resin to patch the crack

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

Hi Edgar

did you get your tank fixed ??

Hi Wayne,
You didn't answer my question in regards ***** ***** being apparently no connection between the tank and the oil delivery. There is no fitting, hose or anything inside the saw that would indicate that oil is being delivered to the chain. The question in regards ***** ***** leaky tank was really minor. I knew the saw was discontinued, I was I guess, hoping that somehow you had access to some information that I didn't. Meanwhile, I was under the impression that it was a five dollar deposit with an option to pay the balance. My account was minused the twenty five, before I had a chance to say anything. Unless I totally misunderstood how the whole business end of this looks, I feel extremely bad about how Just Ask does business and I shall never come back again. I wrote to them several times but they didn't respond. It's an extremely poor way of doing business and it borderlines robbery. Please do tell them that. I THOUGHT I HAD AN OPTION TO PAY OR NOT AND THAT CHOICE WAS TAKEN AWAY FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S KIND OF LIKE STEALING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks, Edgar

Hi Edgar

Thank you for the response

How it works, is $5 deposit, when expert answers your question

then the balance is charged to you if you are not totally satisfied

you can request a refund of the balance.

the oil tank oils thru a hole from vibration, the turning and so forth

so you are saying it never worked from day one?

Hi Wayne,
Sorry this is so dragged out. Maybe we can finish it up. I bought the chain saw used. There was oil all over the inside including in the motor section. If it oils itself, i don't know how, because there is about an inch and a half between the bottom of the tank and the sprocket. I don't see how that could work. If there was a seal of some kind to isolate the oil and only deliver to the sprocket, that would be great but there would have to be some kind of gasket or seal and there is no evidence of that. I am mystified. Do you have the schematics or are you winging it? Thanks, Edgar

Hi Edgar

I used to repair chainsaws and small engine

I was the go-to neighbor (FREE)

click here it shows the operator manual go to page 3 and 4

on page 4 is 29 is oil hole pg 3 is the diagram

hard to read need to blow it up

Wayne, You say click here but there is nothing to click on. Did you miss something, or did I? Thanks, Edgar

Hi Edgar

I missed it,I have to go back and find it

HI

# 17 is the oil pump tube click here

being that you purchased it used, the previous owner

may have put another Tank on it ???

Wayne, I can't find the schematic you are referring to. Could you please resend it Or tell me how to access it. Thanks, Edgar

Hi

Here is the parts list

17

on diagram

Oil pump tube

Parts #: 40925-19

click here for the site, you need to do it within an hour or it goes away

Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 6 months ago

Hi Edgar

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??

Merry Christmas