Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Im getting fuel and spark but still wont start. All of the…

Customer Question
Im getting fuel and...

Im getting fuel and spark but still wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

All of the above yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Cleaned the flywheel

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/4/2017
Technician: Engine Tech, Engine Technician replied 7 months ago
Engine Tech
Engine Tech, Engine Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If you spray a little starting fluid in the air cleaner does it fire up for a bit?

no not even with starting fluid

OK is the spark good and strong and what is the make and model?

troy built g c v 190

Are you sure fuel is getting to the spark plug is it wet?

are you still there
is this how this site works

Yes I am here did you get my reply is the spark plug wet after you have tried it a few times?

its wet
ive taken bowl off carb so i know its getting fuel

Are you sure you have good spark then or is it really faint and weak?

looks good
how do you tell if its strong
spark is white
i will take it somewhere and have it fixed and never use this site again

I am sorry there are delays in posts from me to you. So when you send multiple ones they get delayed to me. I believe you have a weak spark condition causing the issue.

Bad coil maybe

Yes that is what I would replace I think it is bad.