Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I’m having trouble starting my snow blower. Yard Machine M/N…

Customer Question
I’m having trouble starting...

I’m having trouble starting my snow blower. Yard Machine M/N 31AS644E129. Electric starter locked up. Pull start not working! Help?!!

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

There is fuel in tank I don’t see a shut off valve.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I thought I would remove the starter to see if I could free it up

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/4/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Is the engine free to spin? Remove the spark plug and see if it may have fluid on top of the engine. To free the starter, if it is locked, you should be able to put a wrench on the pulley end of the crankshaft and turn the engine to free it up.