Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a craftsmen garage door opener model 139.54930 and…

Customer Question
I have a craftsmen...

I have a craftsmen garage door opener model 139.54930 and the 3 function remote lost its program for the main door will still control second door, the wall control and keyless entry still are functional, but cannot get remote to reprogram. Could it be the remote or the mother board?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The opener was put in around a year ago and the problem startedlast week.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I planned on doing the work myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That seems to be my problem.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/4/2017
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 7 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

okay what needs to be done is you need to erase everything and then re program .....BUT .....reprogram one at a time...........please follow these instructions explicitly and in its sequence………

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS:

hold down the LEARN buttons on both of the openers for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET:

unplug both openers......remove all batteries from the transmitters including the key less'.....and if you have opener battery back-up.....there is no battery in the wall transmitter…..plug back in ONE of the openers and replace the batteries for the one you’re working on…….. which should be fresh……….. test the wall transmitter

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? If not contact me again........hold them with-in 16 inches of the opener when you do…....except for the built-in car remote of course......... and check each remote after programming each

then go to the other opener plug it back in ........replace the batteries........ reprogram and test each the same way

Please let me know

Thanks

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

If you have any additional questions so that I can receive credit or any concerns, construction.......decorating....... any kind of repairs, etc I will be here for you

thank you

eddie