Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Older Echo 650evl saw won't start. And brand new fuel. Tree…

Customer Question
Older Echo 650evl saw...

Older Echo 650evl saw won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes and brand new fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yep

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Tree fell on it. Crushed the handle and chain brake

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/4/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

If you remove the spark plug and with attached to the spark plug wire and grounded to the metal, do you have spark when cranking? If not, check the kill switch, it may be grounding out the spark.

I've got a great spark

OK, if you put fuel directly into the spark plug hole, reinstall the spark plug will it fire? If not, check the compression on the engine.

Not firing and compression is great

Is the timing key on the flywheel intact and not sheared?

Its fine

Compression 140 or better? With it not firing with spark, and fuel directly into the cylinder, and timing correct, and with good compression, it should run!

I see the question is still open ???