Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Whisper Drive Plus Garage Door opener. The wall…

Customer Question
I have a Whisper...

I have a Whisper Drive Plus Garage Door opener. The wall mounted door panel says :battery bad and beeps. I bought a 3V2032 coin cell battery. I can't find how to open the unit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

No, I didn't. the message says battery bad. replace battery now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can find out how to open the wall unit, I have a replacement battery. Perhaps it's not the right one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I assumed it was a simple matter of replacing a battery once I learned how to open the unit.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/3/2017
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 8 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ....there is no battery in the wall transmitter ...........it could be in your portable remote control............a keypad if you have one or last it could be a battery back up...........I will check your particular model to see if it has a battery back up in a compartment on the opener........unless you know ................for instance if the power went out would you still be able to open the garage door with a remote?..............please get back to me

Thanks

eddie

I would need your model number to be positive .............but more than likely it does have one .........it is up to you to get a new one or you can make do without a lot of times ........let me know how you would like to proceed

Thanks

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie