Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Honda gx630 that has interment it spark and will…

Customer Question
I have a Honda...

I have a Honda gx630 that has interment it spark and will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I pulled the plugs to check for spark and it will just spark one time then no spark

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/3/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

ok

Can you remove the kill wires from the two coils and see if you have good solid spark? If you do, you have an oil pressure switch killing the spark.

remove the sparkplugs and the unplug the coils and see if I have good spark? I guess I don't know which ones are kill wires

The coils are mounted next to the flywheel, Each coil has a single small wire, that is the kill wire. You just need to see the spark at the plug or plug wire with kill wires removed.

ok I'm not around the engine currently will I be able to continue the conversation Monday morning?

Yes, just use your email link to get back here.

Hello can i continue my conversation from saturday

Sure , i'm back this AM.

I see the question is still open, please use the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit! Thanks.

Still having issues with the engine need help

OK, what is the latest?

No spark

No spark on either plug? Did you try it with the kill wires removed from each coil?

No spark on either plug. Which is the kill wire there is a black and yellow wire that plugs into each coil
One coil has yellow and black the other has blue yellow and black in the plug

Unplug all the small wires and see if you have spark.

Both coils unplugged no spark

Could coils be damaged by having voltage ran to them? Seems that coils are bad, but why would both coils be bad at once? How did problem begin?

Sat for 6-8 months got it to fire but ran rough so took carb off rebuilt it put it back on and no spark once in a great while it would spark and even got it running last week but now nothing again

Everything points to two bad coils. The coils and the magnet in the flywheel are all that makes the spark.

Ok

OK> get two new coils and try it.

Ok that might take a little bit

Yes, have to be ordered.