Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My Honda eu7000is generator runs for a few minutes, jerks…

Customer Question
My Honda eu7000is generator...

My Honda eu7000is generator runs for a few minutes, jerks and turns itself off I've also noticed that the engine sound is a tad higher than normal when it starts up It remains a bit high until I put load on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

And the sound keeps slightly fluctuating during use though it doesnt affect the performance

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

There is no shut off valve to the best of my knowledge on the honda eu7000is It's an inverter generator

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/3/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 7 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What do you mean when you say the unit "jerks"? Can you please explain that in some detail?

What error codes are shown on the iMonitor?