Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

How do you get to the pto switch on a snapper rear end

Customer Question
How do you get...

How do you get to the pto switch on a snapper rear end mower

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Customer:(###) ###-####00 three years old and what color wires to start solnoid

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
12/1/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Here is parts link, showing the colors to the solenoid.

The pto switch in the dash? You just pry out o the ends, and it pops out of the dash with the harness attached, the New switch just pushed back into the hole, The switch has plastic pieces that snap into place to hold it in place.

the pto switch is not in the dash it is in the stearing coloum how to get to it tou can't see it

In the electrical diagram, Do you see the switch #? I don't see a pto sitch listed? How is it turned on? By pto lever? What is happening? Mower won't start because pto switch is on?