Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Craftsman snow thrower- when choke is moved to run position…

Customer Question
Craftsman snow thrower- when...

Craftsman snow thrower- when choke is moved to run position engine races

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

About six yrs., not used a lot, replaces carburetor last year

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Changed oil and spark plug past summer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/29/2017
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 7 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi.............it would be okay to lower the choke halfway and take it out of the run position

I hope this held substantial meaning for you ....got you out of your difficulty and would consider a 5 STAR rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you! If you do need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks

eddie

If you have any additional questions so that I can receive credit or any concerns, construction.......decorating....... any kind of repairs, etc I will be here for you

thank you

eddie