Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My generator has stopped putting electric out and shuts

Customer Question
Hey pearl my generator...

Hey pearl my generator has stopped putting electric out and shuts off............... just recently it did give electric and did run for a while but then started shutting off and not putting electric out

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Why would it stop giving electric? 150 hours

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/28/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 7 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

You didn't give me anything to go on - what are the brand, model number and serial number of the genset?