Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a cub cadet model 2155. i can jump start it but it…

Customer Question
I have a cub...

I have a cub cadet model 2155. i can jump start it but it quits after a few moment. The battery light flickers while running. Is it the voltage regulator?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope to

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/26/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Your charging system is not working and the battery is dead. The engine has electric fuel solenoid, that requires 12 volts or it plugs the main jet in the carburetor and kills the engine. Sounds like you need a new battery and the charging system repaired.

I see the question is still open?

I replaced the battery and all is good now

Good job! Please use the 5-star rating system to lose the question and get me credit! Thanks.