Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Troybilt pressure washer 2600 psi. Will not start. Pulled…

Customer Question
Troybilt pressure washer 2600...

Troybilt pressure washer 2600 psi . Will not start. Pulled cord tries to pull the whole pressure washer. Took out spark plug and it pulled. Put back in spakrk plug did not start. Husband thinks it is the pump.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is 4 years old and was used two to three times per month.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/26/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Not the pump, if engine spins with the spark plug removed. Does it spin now, just does not start? Put a teaspoon of fuel directly into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will fire for a few seconds. If it does, try draining the carburetor, it may have water in the float bowl.

Curtis, we tried what you suggested. Here is the problem. It did not fire. The problem is when we put the spark plug back in and pulled the cord it gets bound up and is very hard to pull. It will pull the whole machine and not the cord. My husband says it must be something with the pump or motor. I don't know just trying to get it fixed.

If it spins with plug out, the pump is turning and not bound up. The engine timing could be off, but on the pressure washer , not a common thing. The key under the flywheel would have to be damaged, to throw off the timing. To find out, the flywheel has to be removed!