Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have an ezgo electric golf cart.It runs great on level…

Customer Question
I have an ezgo...

I have an ezgo electric golf cart.It runs great on level ground but when I start up a hill it lulls down to nearly a stop. I can hear a noise coming from the controller. Once I get back on level ground it runs great again. Not sure what to look for

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For quite some time.several weeks

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I took it to a repair shop and they charged me 300 dollars and said they replaced my controller. They said my batteries tested fine. Don't know what I need to be looking for

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When the golf cart stops while going up a hill, I can let it sit there a few minutes and it will move a few feet and stop again

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/26/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Do you have a test voltmeter? Need to test battery pack voltage when performance drops off and unit stops. From what I know, this will be a battery problem, nothing else causes it. The battery may not show bad until it is under hard load. If pack voltage drops well below 36 volts, check each battery, looking for one with a lower voltage than the rest.