Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a robin/Subaru eh-17 engine that only has a couple…

Customer Question
I have a robin/Subaru...

I have a robin/Subaru eh-17 engine that only has a couple hours use but was sitting for a long time. I have cleaned the carb and the main jet but when I start the engine it will only run while the choke is on. When I try to open the choke the engine pulls down and will stop if I don't close the choke

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes yes yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/26/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Are you getting full flow of fuel to the carburetor from fuel tank? Did you do a complete cleaning of the carburetor and the float and needle valve passage is open and working?