Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a trailmaster 300 xrs I bought new in June 2017. Over…

Customer Question
I have a trailmaster...

I have a trailmaster 300 xrs I bought new in June 2017. Over a period of about 2 months I put about 37 gentle miles on it. After that when I started it , it would idle fine but as soon as I tried to give it gas it stalls. I have only used fresh gas with stabilizer , have clean the carb with carb cleaner only several times , put in a new spark plug and I cannot find any losse or non working connections. The throttle cable works freely. It would idle fine until it ran out of gas if you left it but as soon as you try to give it gas it stalls. Thank you.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of. Do you have any questions,

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/25/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

What does it have for the fuel pump and fuel filter? Are you getting a good flow of fuel to the carburetor?

Is the main jet open in the carburetor? The indication is there is not enough fuel getting through the carburetor.