Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I'm having an issue with my cub cadet enforcer ZT. A few…

Customer Question
Hi i'm having an...

Hi i'm having an issue with my cub cadet enforcer ZT

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A few weeks, I washed the mower and now when i disengage the parking brake the motor dies. Just like turning off the key

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Cub Cadet 53a13agt750

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Ive already replaced the seat switch and the starter solenoid

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/25/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Check the brake switch for water in the connector and the two arm switches. If arm switches do not make, the engine dies when the brake is released.

arm switches? you mean in the mechanism with the handle itself that disengages the parking brake?

Each travel arm has switch, and if switches are not made, the engine will die when the brake is released.