Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Where is the circuit breaker located on the Ryobi rts21g?

Customer Question
Where is the circuit...

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The saw will not turn on and the only solution I can find in the instructions is check the circuit breaker - can't find it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just want to know why the saw will not turn on - it is new.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/25/2017
Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your specific question. Please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

Sometimes the circuit breaker reset is on the motor itself. If not then the problem will be no power at the outlet (house switch, GFCI, or circuit breaker), bad power cord, bad switch, faulty safety key, bad wiring, or bad motor. You can eliminate the possibilities by verifying you have power to the switch, and from the inside contacts on the switch if it is working properly.

If you determine the saw is the problem, I would just return it since you said it was new.