Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a new hitachi RB 24 EAP leaf blower. The pull cord…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new hitachi RB 24 EAP leaf blower. The pull cord will not engage to start the blower. How can I fix this

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It is a new machine I only used it 2 times

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Pull cord pulls but does not engage with the metal inner piece

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/26/2017
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 8 months ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

There are only two reasons that the pull cord would not engage the engine in order to turn the engine over for starting.

1. The starter pawl is stuck in the outward position or broken.
  2. The starter pulley is broken or damaged.

If you will remove the starter assembly from the unit you can take a closer look at both of these items to see where the problem is.

By the way the machine has a seven(7) year manufacturers warranty, if you locate a dealer within your area they will repair this issue for you at no cost to you.

Thank you for choosing to use our services.

Please take a moment to rate your experience using the star rating system that is provided for you.