Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The motor does not cut out when i turn the leaver. The lawn…

Customer Question
The motor does not...

The motor does not cut out when i turn the leaver

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The lawn mower is my grand daughters I have only been checking it this weekend. It starts ok, but will not stop when i turn the lever

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

It works every time i pull the cord, new petrol all is clean

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to, what i have seen is when the lever is moved the little arm at the back does not move

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When you move the lever all the parts move ok except for the lever at the back which has a number of springs on and connected to the main lever

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/25/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Engine make and model? The engine should have a switch to kill the spark. Usually located at the throttle bracket, where the cable from handle goes to. Do you see a single wire from the engine to the throttle?

I thought it was a $5 trial then it went up to $25 next it was a $30 subscription No way but it seemed my $25 went through Pay Pal.Even on this page it says you can have a free trial. Not Happy.