Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I replaced spark plug, the recycler 6.5 lawn mower,

Customer Question
I replaced spark plug...

I replaced spark plug, the recycler 6.5 lawn mower, (Toro)wants to start, then it cuts off within (2-3) seconds after it starts. Essentially, it will not start and stay operational after it gives me the initial 2-3 seconds. I also put back n old spark p;ug and it did tje same thing..

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/24/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 8 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

CARB HAS A CLOGGED JET AND NEEDS TO BE CLEANED. THE CENTER JET IS CLOGGED OR PARTIALLY CLOGGED. SHOULD BE ABLE TO REMOVE THE BOLT THAT HOLDS THE CARB BOWL ON AND CLEAN THE HOLES ON IT AND IF YOU HAVE A THIN WIRE OR BREAD TIE, USE IT TO RUN THROUGH THE FUEL JET IN THE BOLT. USE CARB CLEANER TO CLEAN

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

Im going out to check and see if this helps. be right back

NOT A PROBLEM, I WILL BE HERE.

WHAT ENGINE IS ON THIS MACHINE?