Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

LOOKING FOR GAS LINES REPLACEMENT FOR A McCulloch leaf

blower. Older model 320 bv...
LOOKING FOR GAS LINES REPLACEMENT FOR A McCulloch leaf blower. Older model 320 bv, b240 32cc smh032ub24ra
JA: What's the make and model of the blower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Make McCulloch 320 bv , smh 032ub24ra, best guess 20 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: looking to replace the gas lines. appr
11/24/2017
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

is your tank 1 or 2 lines

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
2 lines

looks like you just need the basic tygon line . size would be 3/16" OD / 3/64" ID

ANY SMALL ENGINE REPAIR SHOP SHOULD HAVE THIS BY THE FOOT OR IT CAN BE ORDERED OFFLINE

SHOULD ONLY NEED 12-18 INCHES MAX

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
It would appear the ends are fitted, rather than a press fit
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Jon are you still working on this?

YES. DO THE LINES GO INTO A GROMMETT? I SEE NO GROMMETT ON MY DIAGRAMS, AS IT SHOWS THEY GO DIRECTLY INTO THE TANK.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY FITTED?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
JON, THE END THAT GOES INTO THE TANK APPEARS FLUSH AND TAPERED. The ends that go into the carb fit onto a protusion.

DOES YOUR BV320 LOOK LIKE THIS ONE?

I CIRCLED WHERE FUEL LINE GOES.

THE TANK HAS HOLES DRILLED INTO IT FOR THE FUEL LINE TO FIT. IT JUST PUSHES INTO THE TANK. YOU CAN BUY NORMAL TYGON FUEL LINE FROM A SMALL ENGINE SHOP, HOME DEPOT, LOWES, ECT.... THE INLET LINE GETS A FUEL FILTER, THE RETURN JUST GOES INTO THE TANK ABOUT 1"

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Jon the picture does look like the blower I have, as it has been working well I an interested in repairing it. Thanks for your help.

WHAT STORES DO YOU NORMALLY PURCHASE SMALL ENGINE PARTS FROM AND I MAY BE ABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH A PART NUMBER TO ASK THEM FOR THAT WILL REPAIR THIS ISSUE FOR YOU

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
THANKS,ABC RENTAL IN MARSHFIELD MA. PART NUMBER WOULD HELP.

YOU NEED PART NUMBER 20-6617.

FUEL LINE SIZE IS:

3/16" OUTSIDE DIAMETER

3/64" INSIDE DIAMETER

THEY MAY HAVE IT LISTED UNDER ANOTHER PART NUMBER SO BE SURE TO GIVE THEM THE SIZES STATED AND THEY ILL KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED TO REPALCE THE LINES BY THOSE SIZES

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
THANKS.
JON
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician