Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The cord on my Honda power washer is locked up, Just

Customer Question
The cord on my...

The cord on my Honda power washer is locked up

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Fuel is in the tank, fuel is open and clean. Fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Work as in trying to fix it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I had it started...as soon as I squeezed the handle it shut off...restarted...squeezed the handle and it shut off again. Then it locked up.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/23/2017
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 8 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi you have to squeeze the trigger and hold it open before you try to start and let the water flow or it will become air bound and not start

please let me know

Thanks

eddie

I did that. Still locked up.

is it the first time you are using it in a while?

electric or gas powered?

Gas powered

check for any kinks in any water lines to start ..........then ......did you empty the gas the last time you used it? ........and put fresh in now?

No kinks in the lines. No, same gas as last time.

that's a problem ......gas goes bad only after two weeks...........you may have to dump what you have and change the gas filter ........what position was the choke it when it shut down on you ?

Closed

you should open it all the way at first ........pull your cord ...then bring the choke back to half and start it .......increse the choke if it starts to stall some

I can't start it due to the cord being locked up. That's the problem.

you have a starter cord problem then...........I thought you were talking about other things ........you need to replace that then.............how old is the unit?

That was the original question! "The cord on my Honda power washer is locked up"

yeah it is called a recoil starter .......and like I said probably needs to be replaced..............again how old is the washer?

I have to be away from the computer for an hour or so ..............just type me in the reply when you can

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 7 months ago

I hope this held substantial meaning for you ....got you out of your difficulty and would consider a 5 STAR rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you! If you do need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks

eddie