Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

ADJUSTVALVESONG-11APGOLFCART.

Customer Question
ADJUSTVALVESONG-11APGOLFCART Mechanic's Assistant: I'll...

ADJUSTVALVESONG-11APGOLFCART

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

CANVALVESBEADJUSTEDONG-11APYAMAHAGOLFCART

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/23/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Can be valves be adjusted? What is the engine model number? The valves can be , as long as the engine does not have hydraulic lifters. Do you see an adjusting screw and lock nut? Or the rocker shaft having an eccentric, so you loosen the rocker stand, and twist the shaft?

Yes, valves show to be adjusted every 1000 hours, and the setting is .004 inch, intake and exhaust .