Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Why does my air filter continue to be clogged with engine…

Why does my air...

Why does my air filter continue to be clogged with engine oil

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

12 years and it has progressively gotten worse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

11/23/2017
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

Happy Thanksgiving !!

What you are describing is the pistons and rings are worn out

and the oil is by passing the rings ,

I suggest to have engine rebuilt

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know

Can the problem just be the valves

Hi

Thank you for the response

No, it will be from the piston rings

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder