Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Battery is fully charged but after overnight the mower will…

Customer Question
Battery is fully charged...

Battery is fully charged but after overnight the mower will not start . just a rapid clicking noise which seems to come from the engine compartment. starter?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Fuel is fresh. yesterday the mower ran great even after shutting it off & restarting it at least a dozen times. just seems to happen when the mower is not started for a day or two

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Mower is about 13 years old. replaced carbureator last spring. worked great until a couple days ago

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/22/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 7 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

rapid clicking is the starter solenoid.

Try jumping the solenoid if fuse is good. Follow the red wire from the battery to the starter solenoid. try jumping the solenoid by placing a screw driver on both poles together and see if machine will turn over. Make sure to engage parking brake and have key turned on. If it turns over, the solenoid is bad.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

I see question is still open and unrated. Please, let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR