Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 2011 tiffin phaeton with a Oman 10K generator. It…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 tiffin phaeton with a Oman 10K generator. It runs great but shuts down after ever 12 hours. I have a xantrex control panel, and need to know how I can get rid of this 12 hour shut down. Generator cranks right back up and is good for 12 hours after shutdown

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

2011 motorhome so I would say 2011 on the year. I'll have to find my paperwork to get the exact model. But I think it is called the on an quiet generator

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. Is it just the settings in the control panel or else where. I am in Auburn for the football game, so I need it to keep running

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can get the model number with a little digging if you need that info

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/22/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 7 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

There is nothing in the genset that will control the length of time of the genset run.

The AGS system will need to be rest/reprogrammed to your specifications.

Your Xantrex manual should tell you how to change the settings.

I have canceled my service with your company. Was not happy with service. I got charged $5 then 13.95 when offer said $5. Not happy with the way your service was advertised. Please make sure my service is canceled with you
If I did it like your service at $5 plus $13.95 why would I pay $24 to talk to you. Please end all contact with me and cancel my service